Hi guys, we have a unity server configured for 3 integrations (3 different CUCM groups). I had to delete one of the integrations and recreate a integration - this moved my subscribers to another integration. This resulted in mwi issues. Is there a way of bulk replacing this back to the switch integration required.Bulk edit has that field greyed out.
Perhaps having 1 integration with multiple clusters within might have been a better option?
Thanks again, Jeff
First a couple "should haves":
- If you knew you were going to create a new integration when you deleted the other one, then you should have left the subscribers orphaned, without reassigning them to another integration. This way when you create the new one, you can use UTIM to select all unassigned subscribers.
- Alternatively, you could have created the new integration first. then when you delete the other one, you can correctly reassign subscribers right away.
Now on to the "what to do now"...
- You can still use UTIM to reassign the subscribers but it may be a bit more effort picking them out in the Phone System Associations tool. UTIM in 7.0 has some enhancements that do help with this.
- Alternatively, you might also consider leaving the subscriber associations as-is and only update their MWI settings. BulkEdit can be used to change just the MWI switch association for these subscribers.
Finally, regarding "having 1 int with multi clusters"...
- I don't think this is an optimal solution. This functionality is left over from the days when MWI across ICTs was not possible AND Unity only allowed a single SCCP integration. The result here is Unity doesn't know which Cluster a subscriber belongs to so it takes a shotgun approach to MWI. Sending copies of each MWI request to every cluster. Not very efficient.
- Instead a better approach would be to have a single integration with a single cluster and allow CUCM's inter cluster trunks to handle all the routing of calls and MWI. CUCM has had this ability since they added the AnnexM stuff back in 4.x somewhere. From Unity's perspective this gets you optimal port utilization.
Hope this helps,
It stinks now, but I found two ways. If you download an older version of Bulk Edit, it will not be grayed out. For whatever reason, Cisco changed this.
Or follow what these guys did.
The problem is that there is no search or sort function. So you will see Subscribers, but you cant select a range. Horrible!