cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Voice Mail profile

singh-ashok
Level 1
Level 1

What's the use of configuring a Voice Mail profile in Call Manager?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Ashok,

Just to add a note to the good tip from Jaime. You can also use the Voicemail Profile to mask numbers that are routed to Voicemail and that you want to go to a specific VM Box.

For example;

There are a number of phones (5533,5522,5511 and 5544) in the Sales department but you want them all to route to the same VM Box @ DN 5000.

Create a VM Profile called "Sales" with a Vm Mask of 5000. On each of the four phones (5533,5522,5511 and 5544)on the Directory Number Configuration page for each.

Directory Number Settings

Voice Mail Profile = Sales

All calls that route to VM from the four numbers will receive the VM treatment for the 5000 Mailbox. We use this to route calls for certain Instructors to Department Mailboxes rather than having their own :)

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

if you're integrated to more than 1 VM system to define which to use

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thnx Jamie, happy weekend.

Ashok.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Ashok,

Just to add a note to the good tip from Jaime. You can also use the Voicemail Profile to mask numbers that are routed to Voicemail and that you want to go to a specific VM Box.

For example;

There are a number of phones (5533,5522,5511 and 5544) in the Sales department but you want them all to route to the same VM Box @ DN 5000.

Create a VM Profile called "Sales" with a Vm Mask of 5000. On each of the four phones (5533,5522,5511 and 5544)on the Directory Number Configuration page for each.

Directory Number Settings

Voice Mail Profile = Sales

All calls that route to VM from the four numbers will receive the VM treatment for the 5000 Mailbox. We use this to route calls for certain Instructors to Department Mailboxes rather than having their own :)

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks Rob, this was baffling me when I saw a large # of DN's assigned to a VM profile but no mailbox of their own. They are using only Unity.

Happy weekend.

Ashok.

Hey Ashok,

You are always welcome my friend! This is quite the handy feature when you want users to have VM Treatment but not an actual mailbox of their own due to co$t or operational reasons. Glad to be of some small help here.

Cheers!

Rob

sounds today lots of unity issues

anyway

Rob based on the VM profile the DN has only significant on the CCM as we know the unity only recognise the port and port name

so if the call come to one of those sale people and forwarded to the the unity

those sales useres they need a way to be sent to the same mailbox on unity

so inthis case we need to use altarnate extention for all of them or route Rule to match thise numbers and forward it to one mail box

is that the case ??

thank you

Hey Marwan,

If you use the VM Profile method via CCM you don't need either - Routing Rules or Alternate Extensions. That is the real beauty of the whole thing :)

Hope this helps!

Rob

I have to change the DN of all my handsets from XXXX to include a prefix e.g 1234 becomes 5551234- this prefix is common on all devices however the Voice Mail not Unity, has the mail box`s configured as xxxx. I thought I could use the mask part of VM Profile to limit the CLI being sent i.e MASK XXXX so only the last 4 digits (1234) are sent so to maintain the voice mail configuration without having to modify the DN`s in VM- It does not seem to work any idea`s

but i think need a mask which equilivant to an existed number in the Unity right?

in this case unity will see all these calls to that number!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: