Views
Helpful
Replies

Override call forward

jamieparr
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Is there a way to override a call forward? i.e I have a phone that is on constant call forward although needs to have emergency calls come through.

Can I specify this on a translation or something like that?

9 Replies 9

iptuser55
Level 6
Level 6

How about a second line on the device which does not have call forward on it?

Yes that is an option although I am trying to avoid complications and in this case a second line would over complicate things. Thanks for the suggestion

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jamie,

There is a feature, which is called "CFA Destination Override" is available in CCM 5.X and CCM 6.x. Have a look;

Cisco Unified CallManager provides a service parameter (CFA Destination Override) that allows the administrator to override Call Forward All (CFA) when the target of the CFA calls the initiator of the CFA, so the CFA target can reach the initiator for important calls. In other words, when the user to whom calls are being forwarded (the target) calls the user whose calls are being forwarded (the initiator), the phone of the initiator rings instead of call forwarding back to the target. The override works whether the CFA target phone number is internal or external.

When the CFA Destination Override service parameter is set to False (the default value), no override occurs. Ensure the service parameter is set to True for CFA override to work. See Service Parameters Configuration in the Cisco Unified CallManager Administration Guide, Release 5.0(4), for information about configuring service parameters.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note CFA override only takes place if the CFA destination matches the calling party and the CFA Destination Override service parameter is set to True. If the service parameter is set to True and the calling party does not match the CFA destination, CFA override does not take place, and the CFA remains in effect.

From this CCM 5.1.(1) doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a0080739bb8.html

This only works from the phone that the Call Forward All is directed to. I would suggest adding a second line (non-listed) to this IP Phone specifically for Emergency calls. The Call Forward All will only effect Line 1 so you would be good to go :)

Hope this helps!

Rob

The CFA could work mate, where in cucm do I set it?

Hi Jamie,

If you are running CCM 5.x or 6.x :)

Cisco Unified CallManager provides a *** service parameter (CFA Destination Override)

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

This is useful but do any of you guys know if the person with the target phone can transfer a call back to the FWD initiator phone. We have changed the setting for override and the target phone can ringback to initiator and they can talk but if the target tries to transfer the call it just stays on hold.

I realise line2 would solve this but the initiator is an analog phone and I don't really want to give them two lines, it will confuse them!

We are on 6.1.2

Thanks.

Hi Alan,

You know I have not tested a Transfer but I can see why it may not work (depends on CLID being sent during the Transfer mechanism) Have you tried Conference instead? If this works the Target phone could just drop out after the setup has been established.

Just a thought,

Rob

Hi Rob,

Looks like we have solved it... finger error! Its us being used to pbx and doing blind transfers. We have just found whilst trying to do the confrn suggestion that Target phone a 7961 presses Transfer and rings the analog phone when they then press transfer a second time, as a supervised transfer the other caller is connected to the analog phone. Guess we were tired last night when we tried it before.

Thanks anyway, It is the first time I have used the forum. There are anawful lot of good ideas and suggestions to be had by picking each others brains.

Have a good day.

Alan

Hi Alan,

First off, welcome aboard! You will find alot of great info and tips here for sure. I had to laugh when you noted that this was related to "finger error". This is my most common type of error ;-)

Cheers!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: