cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need to upgrade inactive partition on CUCM

zzbronski
Level 1
Level 1

I recently did a version upgrade from 6.1.1 to 6.1.2. When I did the "switch version" and made the inactive partition the active partition, all the phones reverted back to a previous configuration. Is there a way to make these partitions sync so there is no loss of changes? Currently the active partition is 6.1.2 and the inactive is 6.1.1. Can I upgrade the inactive partition to 6.1.2 also? I have tried to do this and it tells me "No valid upgrade options were found".

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

no, they don't do any syncing. that's why you're instructed to do the switch after installing and warned that changes done after the upgrade won't be in the new version. it's completely expected to happen that way, you should have switched immediately or performed the upgrade when you could switch.

the only options are as i mentioned, to go back and perform the upgrade again, or simply redo all the changes on new version. whatever is easier for you.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

you need to go back to 6.1(1), then perform the upgrade again. sounds like you did changes after installing the new version before doing the switch

HTH

java

HTH

java

What happened was we upgraded the inactive partition about 2 weeks before we actually did the switch. So all the changes that were done in the two weeks prior to the switch were lost. So let me understand what needs to happen, we upgrade the inactive partition and switch, then switch back to the old version and upgrade again and then switch again? That doesn't sound right to me. Do the partitions do any kind of syncing so the changes made are not lost in the switch?

no, they don't do any syncing. that's why you're instructed to do the switch after installing and warned that changes done after the upgrade won't be in the new version. it's completely expected to happen that way, you should have switched immediately or performed the upgrade when you could switch.

the only options are as i mentioned, to go back and perform the upgrade again, or simply redo all the changes on new version. whatever is easier for you.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: