cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

GK question

NAVIN PARWAL
Level 2
Level 2

I have a callmanager and a cme talking via gatekeeper. I am registering my cme with a tech prefic of 3#, and when i dial from callmanager to CME, I am prepending 3#, but the call is still now going to cme, i am not using default technology prefix, any ideas?

I mean my zone and tech prefix are mathing for cme, but the call is still not going to cme???

10 Replies 10

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

can u post from the GK config

show gategeeper endpoints

and the GK config

and cme config part that relate to the GK only

try this example:

CME:

interface FastEthernet 1/0

ip address 10.12.1.2 255.255.255.0

h323-gateway voip interface

h323-gateway voip id CME ipaddr 10.100.100.1 1719

h323-gateway voip h323-id miami@cisco.com

h323-gateway voip tech-prefix 1#

dial-peer voice 999 voip

destination-pattern .T

session target ras

GK

gatekeeper

zone local CME cisco.com 10.100.100.1

zone local CMM cisco.com

zone prefix CME 3*

zone prefix CMM 4*

gw-type-prefix 1#* default-technology

no shutdown

and restor the techprefix to the default on the CMM 1#*

for CAC u can add for example

bandwidth interzone zone boise [16 for one g729 and 128 for one g711 call and so on]

for troubleshoot use

show gatekeeper zone status

show gatekeeper endpoints

after that u can consider the 3 as the prefix number for CME

NOTE: on CME u need to Enable gateway operation. Enter the gateway command

good luck

please, if helpful ratr

I do not want to use gw-type-prefix 1#* default-technology on the gatekeeper. so what I did was that I am prepending 1# on ccm when dialing 3... from ccm to cme. but it still does not work.

try this example

interface FastEthernet0/0

h323-gateway voip id zone1 ipaddr 192.168.3.254 1719

h323-gateway voip h323-id cucme@cisco.com

h323-gateway voip tech-prefix 434

dial-peer voice 408 voip

destination-pattern 408

incoming called-number 4345552...

session target ras

gateway

GK:

gatekeeper

zone local zone1 cisco.com 192.168.3.254

no zone subnet zone1 default enable

zone subnet zone1 192.168.1.1/32 enable

zone subnet zone1 192.168.2.254/32 enable

no shutdown

if helpful Rate

what shoud the configuration be on the callmanager side? I promise to rate this post if it helps me solve the problem.

first the important thing to solve ur problem not to get rated :)

now in call manager

Step 1. Define the gatekeeper to CallManager.

The only information that you need for this step is the IP address of the gatekeeper interface. Be sure that the Enable Device checkbox is also selected

Step 2. Set up the actual trunk to the gatekeeper.

If your CallManager is running software version 3.2 or higher, Cisco recommends using H.225 gatekeeper-controlled trunks.

When you are configuring the trunk, you need to give it a unique name to be used to point traffic to the trunk in the next step. You also need to select the gatekeeper that you defined previously from a drop-down box. Add an appropriate technology prefix. You might want a different technology prefix for CallManager, because CallManager 4.0 and higher systems can handle both voice and video traffic. Always set the Terminal Type field to gateway for normal CAC.

Enter the zone name.

It is almost always desirable to have a different zone name for each CallManager cluster that is defined on the gatekeeper. This helps when configuring bandwidth management

in the tech prefix put the prefix the the CME will dial as access code to the CCM

like in the prvous example 403then the phone number

At this point, the trunk should be registered to the gatekeeper and ready for use. You can verify this by using the show gatekeeper endpoints command on the gatekeeper

good luck :)

and hope this helpful

Probably the easiest thing to do is route by zone prefix becasue CCME registers to the GK its ephone-dn's as E.164 address. You can verify this with "show gatek end"

If your CCME phones are all 3000 range, then on the gatekeeper put "zone prefix blah 3..." and get rid of the prefixing on the CallManager. You can have more than one zone prefix command in case you also have 4000 range.

CCME to CCM will need a different strategy since CCM doesn't register its DNs with the GK. "gw-type-prefix 123 gw ipaddr {ip_of_ccm} 1720" should be good. The 123 is your tech prefix in the CallManager trunk. Not I didn't put a # for this example. Not required. You will also need a "tech-prefix 123" in your CCME VoIP Dial-peer.

I don't understand your full scenario, but doing the preprending of the tech-prefix just means you have to strip it off somehow on the other end which is extra work.

on the CCM define the gatekeeper

then make a inter-cluster-trunk katekeeper controled

from the gatekeeper information section

chose the ip adress of the defined gatekeeper

on technology prefex put [any number u want to use it as a prefix number]

on the zone put the zone name that u put it on the gatekeeper config

for example

on gatekeeper define one zone

gatekeeper

zone local zone1 local.com

no shutdown

for testing use show katekeeper endpoints

for cme

interface FastEthernet0/0

h323-gateway voip id zone1 ipaddr 192.168.3.254 1719

h323-gateway voip h323-id local.com

h323-gateway voip tech-prefix 3

on CCM

create route pattren start with 3 and from the roue pattren route list chose the intercluster-kate keeerper-controled

u created before that point to the gatekeeper

and lets asume u use 3 digits in ur local phones with CCM and u put in the tech-prefix on the CCM in the ICT-GK controled number 4

do the dial-peer on the CME

dial-peer voice 408 voip

destination-pattern 4...

incoming called-number 3...

session target ras

gateway

this way will work

good luck

Hi,

I have a question about this phrase that i have a problem like this:

bandwidth interzone zone boise [16 for one g729 and 128 for one g711 call and so on]

i have also CM-GK-CME

when calling from CMM to CME,the phones show that it is a g729 call and the 'sh gateke ca' shows that it consume 16K

But the problem is when calling from CME to CCM

the phones show that it is g729 call but when 'sh gatekee call' it shows that the call consume 128K,so the gatekeeper need 128 K for this call although I have configured it to use g729,I have configured the outgoing dial-peer on the CME with G729 and the call allready match with,also the DP of the ICT is using only g729

So why the CME insist in using 128 K for this call

Thanks for your feed back

Open new thread for new problems, use a descriptive title, include configuration.

jamesfang98
Level 1
Level 1

1. Can you GK see CCM and CME as endpoints?

2. In GK, you don't have default tech-prefix. rght?

3. In GK, did zone prefix include CME DNs?

If you can post GK and GW related configuration, it will helpful for identification

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: