cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Router restarting automatically (I am at strange)

ilnaiduccna
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Experts,

Actually I got sudden message saying that my Router model 2800 is getting automatic restart. So I could not get what is the bug to resolve it.

Friends can any body show the way to resolve it because right now I am strage problem with this.

Please find the attached text file for show version and show config for further help.

Regards,

Naidu

3 Replies 3

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Naidu

The output of show version indicates that the router restarted due to power on. Is it possible that there was a power fluctuation or a power problem that caused the reload?

After these restarts does the output of sfow version usually indicate power on as the cause of the restart?

It might be helpful to connect a PC to the console port of the router so you can capture and post any messages sent to the console at the time of restart. These might be helpful in identifying the cause of this problem.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Hi Rick,

Thanks for the good infor.

Deffnitely I need to chekc the physical things at the site.

You said that connect a PC to the console router so we can capture and post any messages sent to the console during restart.

How we can capture any messages?

Regards,

Naidu

Naidu

If you connect a PC to the console port then console messages are displayed on the screen of the PC (be sure that console logging is enabled - logging console information is probably the best setting). At the time that the router restarts there might be messages on the console about what caused it or what was going on. You would cut and paste those messages into a file. And then you would attach that file to a response in this thread.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card