cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Fluctuating Wireless Speeds

anadworny
Level 1
Level 1

We have 2 Cisco WLC 4404s and 38 LAP1242AG access points. Approx. half of the APs associate with one WLC and the other half on the other. We are experiencing speed fluctuations when stationary and lose of connection and speed fluctuations when walking around. Cisco has "verified" that all of my setting are correct (but the engineer didnt seem to sure of himself). We do not believe this to be related to any interference. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

4 Replies 4

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What code are you running and what device and driver's are being used to test. You have to be more specific as to the issue. Is the issue all over or in certain areas. Is it some clients or all. Do you have a floor plan with ap locations we can view?

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

We are running 4.2.130. The devices we are using are laptops (IBM and HP). We can see the symptoms on both. It seems like it is happening everywhere. I am confident that coverage is not an issue. We have more than enough access points.

If you are sure that you have good coverage and that the WLC is correctly configured, then it's either interference or device drivers or client configurations.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Is AGGRESSIVE LOAD BALANCING disabled? If not disable it. I have experienced networking nightmares with it enabled.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card