Helpful
Replies

cue license Q

user-cisco
Level 1
Level 1

hi

we bought a NM-CUE release 3.1 with SCUE-LIC-100CCM

i have a question regarding cue license, do i have to apply some license file to cue prior to doing configuration, or this license is already included?

i have read somewhere there is some license file like (cue-vm-license_xxmbx_cme_x.x.x.pkg) what is this file about?

please advice

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi U-C,

Just to add a note to the good info from Virender. You should be good to go!

Installing Cisco Unity Express Software on a New System

Note: When you order Cisco Unity Express, Cisco Unity Express software and the purchased license are installed on the module at the factory. Spare modules also ship with the software and license installed.

From this good doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5520/products_installation_guide_chapter09186a008065c3b3.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

PS: The license you have is for a CUE - CCM integration. Let us know if you are going to be using this with CME.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Hi U-C,

Just to add a note to the good info from Virender. You should be good to go!

Installing Cisco Unity Express Software on a New System

Note: When you order Cisco Unity Express, Cisco Unity Express software and the purchased license are installed on the module at the factory. Spare modules also ship with the software and license installed.

From this good doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5520/products_installation_guide_chapter09186a008065c3b3.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

PS: The license you have is for a CUE - CCM integration. Let us know if you are going to be using this with CME.

mciarfello
Level 4
Level 4

CUE> show software licenses

will show you how many licenses are installed and if the licens file is for CallManager Express or CallManager. You will want Application mode: CCM

Here is a sample output from my NM-CUE. I am using CallManager Express.

CUE> show software licenses

Core:

- Aplication mode: CCME

- Total usable system ports: 8

Voicemail/Auto Attendant:

- Max system mailbox capacity time: 6000

- Default # of general delivery mailboxes: 12

- Default # of personal mailboxes: 12

- Max # of configurable mailboxes: 17

Languages:

- Max installed languages: 1

- Max enabled languages: 1

CUE>

thanks guys for ur nice help

so, what this file is all about (cue-vm-license_xxmbx_cme_x.x.x.pkg) is it something just downloadable from CCO and can be used on any cue or something i have to buy from Cisco to use on my cue..?

please advice

Hi U-C,

You are most welcome my friend :)

You would need to order the proper License for use with CME. Have a look;

Your system probably came with a License like this for CCM (Note the CCM in the part#);

100-mailbox package: cue-vm-license_XXmbx_ccm_x.x.x.pkg

What you would need for use with CME is a License like this for CME (Note the CME in the part#);

100-mailbox package: cue-vm-license_XXmbx_cme_x.x.x.pkg

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5520/products_tech_note09186a008064172a.shtml#t3

Hope this helps!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: