cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect fails to connect first time.

energyservices
Level 1
Level 1

I use AnyConnect to connect both XP and Vista clients to our company VPN. XP clients have no problem, but some Vista clients encountering issues. When they try to connect first time they get an error message "The VPN client driver has encountered an error" right after this comes "Unable to establish VPN". If they try again they get connected without any problems. This happens only the first time they try to connect.

Is there anything I can do to fix this? Any help will be appreciated.

4 Replies 4

grant.maynard
Level 4
Level 4

What version are you using?

From the Release Notes for Cisco Secure Desktop, Release 3.3 (http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/csd/csd33/release/notes/csdrn33.html):

CSD release 3.3 is required for Microsoft Windows Vista.

Secure Desktop (the vault) running on Windows Vista cannot run over AnyConnect.

KB935855 or Windows Vista SP1 (or later) must be installed for Windows Vista support of Secure Desktop.

I'm using version 2.2.0136 and i don't use CSD at all. I don't even have it installed.

Do you think this is a Vista bug?

Try uninstalling AnyConnect from the Vista machine then manually install the Standalone MSI package (anyconnect-win-2.2.0136-pre-deploy-k9.msi).

goldbergj
Level 1
Level 1

I've been struggling with this issue for a week, its just my Vista 32bit Business SP1 that couldnt connect. I "fixed" it but its something that you may have to do each time. Open the network connections and then the any connect client. Begin the SSL connection and as that is trying to establish, right click and click enable on the Anyconnect vpn driver. That seemed to fix it for me! Good luck and hopefully MSFT will release a fix of some sort for Vista on this issue.

Thanks,

JG

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: