Views
Helpful
Replies

C877W Router in Bridged Mode - Secure?

wspendlove
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can anyone help me out with this configuration please, I firsly wish to know if this config is secure, secondly how I can allow access to a webserver located on the private side with address 10.99.1.1 and thirdly why the download speed is so slow, typically I get 6m/bit download on a 24m/bit service. I'd expect to get at least around 12 - 14 m/bits. ISP is Be Unlimited in the UK.

I've not used a C800 router/firewall in bridged mode.

The router is running c870-advipservicesk9-m version 12.4(4)T config as attached.

Thanks

1 Reply 1

hadbou
Level 5
Level 5

The Cisco integrated services fixed-configuration routers support a secure, affordable, and easy-to-use wireless LAN solution that combines mobility and flexibility with the enterprise-class features required by networking professionals. With a management system based on Cisco IOS software, the Cisco routers act as access points and are Wi-Fi certified, IEEE 802.11a/b/g-compliant wireless LAN transceivers.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps380/products_configuration_example09186a00808a8d80.shtml

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card