Views
Helpful
Replies

Prallel Hunt

microtel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Is CCME 7 support parallel Hunt for sccp phones??

6 Replies 6

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes,

Parallel Hunt Groups (Call Blast)

In a parallel hunt group, calls simultaneously ring multiple phones. Using parallel hunt groups is also referred to as application-level forking because it enables the forking of a call to multiple destinations. In versions earlier than Cisco Unified CME 4.3, only SIP phones support parallel hunt groups. In Cisco Unified CME 4.3 and later versions, SCCP phones also support voice hunt groups.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmecover.html#wp1118926

HTH,

Chris

How do I set up a parallel hunt-group for SCCP phones? Using the command:

voice hunt-group 1 parallel

final 601

pilot 350

list 201, 202

Returns an error "Number 201 is not a valid voice register dn. Re-enter 'list.'

Looks like it is looking for a SIP entry. What am I doing wrong here?

Hi Jeff,

What version of CME are you running? Before CME 4.3 Parallel Voice Hunt-Group (Call Blast) was only supported on SIP Phones;

Cisco Unified CME 4.3 and later versions support the following Voice Hunt Group features:

•Call Forwarding to a Parallel Voice Hunt-Group (Call Blast)

•Call Transfer to a Voice Hunt-Group

•Member of Voice Hunt-Group can be a SIP phone, ***SCCP phone, FXS analog phone, DS0-group, PRI-group, or SIP trunk.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Looks like CME 4.29. I can find 4.3 for a UC520 - guess it hasn't filtered down yet.

I'd rather leave the 7962 with SCCP so I guess that means implementing some sort of overlay until I can get 4.3.

CME 4.3 is actually only officially referred to 12.4(15)XJ.

This BU special was rolled into 12.4(20)T where the CME version was then referred to as CME 7.0.

You can upgrade your UC520 to either 12.4(20)T1 or 12.4(22)T to get this feature.

hth,

nick

Awsome! I am downloading as I type.

Thanks for your help!

Regards,

Jeff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: