Helpful
Replies

Root bridge and non-root-bridge issue?

mosmos_905
Level 1
Level 1

hi all,

for my network (look diagram)

i want use in each AIR-AP1242AG-E-K9 twO antenna (AIR-ANT5195P-R=used for 802.11a

and AIR-ANT24120=used for 802.11G)

look in the diagram and tell me:

-it is possible with my AP-1242?if yes,says me how to configure AP 2?

thank for your help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

No. For 1242, two connectors for 11a, two connectors for 11b/g, however these two connectors are working for the same radio card, not two cards, they are useful for providing diversity.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

bbxie
Level 3
Level 3

From your diagram, AP3 is the root bridge because it is connected to ISP, so AP2 will be a repeater, but 1242 can't work both as repeater and AP. So the diagram won't work. you have 3 alternative options:

1. not let AP2 to connect wireless clients, only configure AP2 as a repeater.

2. If AP1 can connect to AP3 directly, then configure AP3 as root-bridge with wireless clients, configure both AP1 and AP2 as non-root bridge withe wireless clients.

3. If AP1 can't connect to AP3 directly, you need to add an additional AP4 to have back-to-back connection with AP2, configure AP1 and AP4 as non-root bridge with wireless clients, configure AP2 and AP3 as root-bridge with wireless clients; ap1 peered with AP2, AP4 peered with AP3, AP2 and AP4 are interconnected by ethernet port.

thank for your help

I believe that I have 4 connector for the antenna in my AIR-AP1242AG-E-K9.

if i add for AP2 another antenna(AIR-ANT5195P-R),it is resolve my issue?

No. For 1242, two connectors for 11a, two connectors for 11b/g, however these two connectors are working for the same radio card, not two cards, they are useful for providing diversity.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card