Helpful
Replies

Root bridge and non-root-bridge issue?

mosmos_905
Level 1
Level 1

hi all,

for my network (look diagram)

i want use in each AIR-AP1242AG-E-K9 twO antenna (AIR-ANT5195P-R=used for 802.11a

and AIR-ANT24120=used for 802.11G)

look in the diagram and tell me:

-it is possible with my AP-1242?if yes,says me how to configure AP 2?

thank for your help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

No. For 1242, two connectors for 11a, two connectors for 11b/g, however these two connectors are working for the same radio card, not two cards, they are useful for providing diversity.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

bbxie
Level 3
Level 3

From your diagram, AP3 is the root bridge because it is connected to ISP, so AP2 will be a repeater, but 1242 can't work both as repeater and AP. So the diagram won't work. you have 3 alternative options:

1. not let AP2 to connect wireless clients, only configure AP2 as a repeater.

2. If AP1 can connect to AP3 directly, then configure AP3 as root-bridge with wireless clients, configure both AP1 and AP2 as non-root bridge withe wireless clients.

3. If AP1 can't connect to AP3 directly, you need to add an additional AP4 to have back-to-back connection with AP2, configure AP1 and AP4 as non-root bridge with wireless clients, configure AP2 and AP3 as root-bridge with wireless clients; ap1 peered with AP2, AP4 peered with AP3, AP2 and AP4 are interconnected by ethernet port.

thank for your help

I believe that I have 4 connector for the antenna in my AIR-AP1242AG-E-K9.

if i add for AP2 another antenna(AIR-ANT5195P-R),it is resolve my issue?

No. For 1242, two connectors for 11a, two connectors for 11b/g, however these two connectors are working for the same radio card, not two cards, they are useful for providing diversity.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card