Views
Helpful
Replies

Changing IP address of the Call manager

rachelau_2005
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have changed the IP address of the call manager pub and sub. After changing the IP address of the Pub and Sub and set up a DHCP scope on the Pub, all the IP phones cannot connect to the call manager as it still pointing to the old TFTP server IP address..

Without manually going through the process of changing the TFTP IP address for each phone, how can I update that the tftp address to point to the new TFTP IP address?

Thanks

5 Replies 5

rachelau_2005
Level 1
Level 1

I have already done that

all the ip phones got the new ip address, but the tftp stay the same

I have set up 150 tftp as a predefined option in the scope. but the ip phones still havent pick up the tftp address.

any other idea?

do a shut, no shut of the switch port from a phone and try again

also verify the configuration from within CCM has been changed if any element has been defined as using IP address

phones should receive all the config from the DHCP and accept it, make sure you did the changes to the right pool

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi

I have reset the switch port again, for those phone which have "alternate TFTP address" disabled, it works and can register to the call manager now.

However for those phones that has " alternate TFTP Address" enabled, it still keep registering to the old TFTP ip address. Since I have over 100 phones with "alternate tftp address" enabled, is there any way that I dont have to manually disable the "alternate TFTP address" on each phone?

Thanks

Rajesh Revuru
Level 4
Level 4

Change the old TFTP address to new TFTP address in your DHCP scope.

Release IP address from your phone, your current configuration erased, now phone looking new TFTP and DHCP.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: