Views
Helpful
Replies

CRS Function to make outgoing call from IVR

ra_jeshkalra_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

In my IPCCX IVr scriting(prem version), based on the option pressed the IVR should make an outgoing call to an external number to PSTN.

what is CRS function recommended to be used for this scenario? Is it "call redirect" or "place call"

I am using "place call" , but this working incorrectly.

Whent the IVR makes outgoing call, customer doesn't hear ring back tone when the calls is being dialled from IVR. the calls

connect but no audio, since the call connects, the "successful" branch part on it is executed, and it plays a prompt to the

customer which I am forced to give due to the syntaxx of this function.

Can somebody send me the crs script just showing the correct usage of "place call" function.

My objective is very sinple- when the customer presses option, the IVR should dial-out and connect the call.

2 Replies 2

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Place call will not conenct the 2 parties, all it does is simply establishing a new call to the specified number. If you need to connect the caller with the extenrnal number either use redirect step or better yet consult transfer step, which will allow you do pull the call back if it is not answered.

HTH,

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: