cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how ti clear confiuguration on lwapp connectred to wism

nkariyawasam
Level 1
Level 1

I have an LWAP connected to WIsn on 6500. I want to clear the config and manually configure static IP to set it up on a network where I do not have any DHCP server.

I read in the doc: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps430/products_tech_note09186a00808e2d27.shtml, that I have to creatre a (new) user while it connected to WLC before I clear the private-config., But in this case it appears that the "create ap username" command soes not appear in Wism.

Is there anu other way to clear the config and set IP manually ?

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Nalaka,

Can you try;

When the LAP is registered to a controller, use this controller CLI command to set the AP's username and password:

config ap username password

Note: When the LAP is registered to the controller, you can use these commands from the controller in order to reset the configuration on the LAP:

Use the clear ap-config keep-ip-config command to clear all of the AP's configurations to default, except for the AP's static IP configuration.

Use the clear ap-config command to clear all of the AP's configurations to default, which includes the AP's static IP configuration.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Yes I already tried that command. But there seems to be that no CLI command for "config ap username ..." even when the AP is registered with the AP. Instead, I noticesd that I can use controller GUI to create user for the AP.

Then I had to lo in to AP while it is connected with WLC. THen I could clear the config.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card