cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how ti clear confiuguration on lwapp connectred to wism

nkariyawasam
Level 1
Level 1

I have an LWAP connected to WIsn on 6500. I want to clear the config and manually configure static IP to set it up on a network where I do not have any DHCP server.

I read in the doc: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps430/products_tech_note09186a00808e2d27.shtml, that I have to creatre a (new) user while it connected to WLC before I clear the private-config., But in this case it appears that the "create ap username" command soes not appear in Wism.

Is there anu other way to clear the config and set IP manually ?

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Nalaka,

Can you try;

When the LAP is registered to a controller, use this controller CLI command to set the AP's username and password:

config ap username password

Note: When the LAP is registered to the controller, you can use these commands from the controller in order to reset the configuration on the LAP:

Use the clear ap-config keep-ip-config command to clear all of the AP's configurations to default, except for the AP's static IP configuration.

Use the clear ap-config command to clear all of the AP's configurations to default, which includes the AP's static IP configuration.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Yes I already tried that command. But there seems to be that no CLI command for "config ap username ..." even when the AP is registered with the AP. Instead, I noticesd that I can use controller GUI to create user for the AP.

Then I had to lo in to AP while it is connected with WLC. THen I could clear the config.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: