cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

877 ADSL router as a straight through router

alan.morris
Level 1
Level 1

A customer who has acquired a 877 router now wishes to use it at a managed offices location that presents an Ethernet rather than ADSL connection. Is it at all feasible to configure the 877 in this way?

3 Replies 3

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Alan

You need to provide more specific info about your requirement.so do throw more clarity on the same...

regds

Thanks your reply. In these offices they are presented with a Class A private network address that has a static NAT to the outside world. We want to set up the router as a routed VPN endpoint. Had the connection been DSL this would have been relatively simple. So in essence my question is (assuming suitable rj11-rj45 converters) is it possible to configure the DSL port as a simple ethernet connection. I have read of this being possible in other routers.

Regards,

I am sure most people reading this will already know... but just in case it is of help to others. I have acheived this by splitting the Ethernet ports into 2 VLANs. I added NAT and the firewall across the vlans and bingo it does what I want.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco