Views
Helpful
Replies

multiple gateway call distribution over gatekeeper

baris
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to route calls to multiple gateways over a gatekeeper controlled trunk. The problem is, with the basic configuration, gateway priorities on the GK work only when one of the gateways is offline or deregistered. i.e calls are routed to the second gateway, only if the first one is not registered to GK, thus port utilization is totally irrelevant.

I need to control the actual trunk group utilization, and overflow to the second gateway whenever the PRI ports on the first gateway are full. There is also one other challenge here, which is, the gateways have also some other PRI connections as well (other SP, local PBX connections etc.) So, routing the calls according to the total # port utilization on the router do not work either. What will work is a flow like this (if possible): the call will be routed to GW#1 and if all ports are full, call will be taken back and route to GW#2. Or, using trunk group statistics at the GK, calls will be routed accordingly.

I've tried the methods provided in the GK based load balancing article, but didn't work as intended.

Thanks in advance,

Baris.

1 Reply 1

Kapil Atrish
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

From the above description it seems you've gone through RAI (resource availability indicatior)on Gateways and not meeting your requirement otherwise pl do so.

Can't think any other wayout.

thanks,

inner_silence