Automatic recording of all incoming calls in UCCX 5.0

Answered Question
Sep 1st, 2008
User Badges:

Hi,

I would like to know if there is a way to automatically record all incoming calls in UCCX 5.0?

Many Thanks

Correct Answer by matt.rossmeisl about 8 years 9 months ago

We have a customer using this method, and although I dont think Cisco supports it; it does work.

Is there a way of holding the recordings on the server longer than 7 days? I know if they are saved on CSD they will be held for 30 days but our customer would like this behavior for all recordings.

Correct Answer by Nicolas Mansour about 8 years 9 months ago

Hi there,

You can create a workflow to automatically record all calls. The draw back is that it will save it for 7 days or you will have to create a bulk batch to export them.

Correct Answer by ra_jeshkalra_2 about 8 years 9 months ago

I am using Witness,, which supports port spanning on the voice gateway side.. and can set a filter on the numbers,, to record calls as per your choice!!

Thanks

Correct Answer by Chris Deren about 8 years 9 months ago

I would recommand 3rd party solution such as CallRex, NICE, Witness, Colabrio, etc

Chris

Overall Rating: 5 (4 ratings)
Correct Answer
Chris Deren Mon, 09/01/2008 - 06:38
User Badges:
  • Super Silver, 17500 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,
  • Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 IP Telephony, Contact Center, Unified Communications

I would recommand 3rd party solution such as CallRex, NICE, Witness, Colabrio, etc

Chris

Correct Answer
ra_jeshkalra_2 Mon, 09/01/2008 - 06:48
User Badges:

I am using Witness,, which supports port spanning on the voice gateway side.. and can set a filter on the numbers,, to record calls as per your choice!!

Thanks

araffill Tue, 09/02/2008 - 00:37
User Badges:

Hi Chris and Rajesh,

Tx a lot for your helpful responses.

I will talk to my manager regarding purchasing the 3rd party solutions.

Correct Answer
Nicolas Mansour Wed, 09/03/2008 - 05:26
User Badges:

Hi there,

You can create a workflow to automatically record all calls. The draw back is that it will save it for 7 days or you will have to create a bulk batch to export them.

Correct Answer
matt.rossmeisl Tue, 09/23/2008 - 08:35
User Badges:

We have a customer using this method, and although I dont think Cisco supports it; it does work.

Is there a way of holding the recordings on the server longer than 7 days? I know if they are saved on CSD they will be held for 30 days but our customer would like this behavior for all recordings.

Nicolas Mansour Wed, 01/07/2009 - 09:15
User Badges:

Hi Matt,

By default, the CSD will hold on to the recording for 7 days unless it was extended manually for 30 days (doable only once).

The workaround is to create a script that will automatically export the recordings from UCCX to a specified folder. You can find the steps in the Cisco CAD Service Information under the section "Converting Recordings From *.raw to *.wav".

Enjoy

araffill Wed, 01/07/2009 - 02:52
User Badges:

Hi Nicolas,

Many Thanks for the helpful reply.

I went on a long break from work and missed to reply to your post before my holidays.

My apologies.

Will now start working on the script to automatically record the calls.

Wish you a great year ahead

Cheers.

Actions

This Discussion