cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.0 Restoring data problem

expe_0626
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have a LMS 3.0 on windows 2003 server.

A have a problem when I try to do a backup of data base.

I do this:

"Restoring Data on Windows

To restore the data on Windows, make sure you have the correct permissions, and do the following:

Stop all processes by entering the following at the command line:

net stop crmdmgtd

Restore the database by entering:

NMSROOT\bin\perl NMSROOT\bin\restorebackup.pl [-t temporary directory] [-gen generationNumber] [-d backup directory] [-h]

where NMSROOT is the CiscoWorks installation directory. See the previous section for command option descriptions.

To restore the most recent version, enter the following command:

NMSROOT\bin\perl NMSROOT\bin\restorebackup.pl -d backup directory

For example, -d drive:\var\backup\"

When I do the restore process I get the folowing:

1) WARNING: There is a mismatch between the list of applications installed in this machine and the

[Wed Aug 27 17:36:03 2008] list of applications present in the backup archive. The application data from the backup

[Wed Aug 27 17:36:03 2008] archive will get restored only if that application is installed in this machine.

Do you want to continue the restore operation? (y-continue or n-quit, y/n)?[Wed Aug 27 17:36:46 2008]

2) WARNING: The license details in the server are different from the backup data.

[Wed Aug 27 17:58:25 2008] After restoring, please check the license available in the server.

3) WARNING: Backup contains certificate for current host.

[Wed Aug 27 17:58:26 2008] Certificate will be overwritten if you continue.

Do you want to continue (Y = Yes, overwrite. N = No, do not overwrite. Please enter Y or N)?[Wed Aug 27 18:08:43 2008]

I put No. I not overwrite the certificate

I restoring the data and then the Syslog and the RME do not work

Here the process that do not start:

1. 1141

2. ChangeAudit

3. ConfigMgmt

4. CSDiscovery

5. CTMJrmServer

6. EDS-TR

7. FHPurgeTask

8. ICServer

9. RMEOGSServer

10. SyslogAnalyzer

11. UTMajorAcquisition

thanks!!!

best regards!

15 Replies 15

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The biggest problem here is CTMJrmServer. Was this data restored from a different server? Please post the output of the SET command as well as the output of pdreg -l CTMJrmServer.

I describe the process done:

I do the "Migrating Data From LMS 2.5" procedure. Was a remote migration (because local migration of data from LMS 2.5 to LMS 3.0 is not supported)

The machine that has LMS 2.5 data is referred to as Machine A and the remote machine where you need to install LMS 3.0 and restore the data, is referred to as Machine B.

Then I have return to using Machine A (the machine B was a rendering) So.. I install LMS 3.0 and then backup the data on machine B, for recovery on machine A.

Here attach the log.

Thanks!!

Where is the output from the SET command?

Sorry. I forgot, Here attach!

thanks

This looks okay. Please post the CTMJrmServer.log and jrm.log from NMSROOT\log.

Here the logs

Thanks!

I don't see any indication of a problem in CTMJrmServer other than the server appears to be localized for a non-US English locale (which is not supported). I suggest you change the server's locale to US English, then try manually starting the CTMJrmServer process:

pdexec CTMJrmServer

At this point, I see no reason why that shouldn't start. At the very least, the log may have more details. If that fails, it would be helpful to see the output of the pdshow command.

Ok, Let me see what happend. Because the server is in english.

And,.. a have a question:

If I restart the data base from the beginning, then I do the jobs again, and when restoring the others jobs. Its overwrite o are added?

thanks

Any time a restore is done, all existing data is overridden. There is no way to merge existing data with restored data.

Hi Jclarke!

I think there is a confusion..

If I do a restore of the RME database, (restart from zero) the CW works. I can create jobs without problem.

The problem is in the restore database. There are the issue. Exist something that do thats process do not work.

I change the idiom but continue idem.

The CTMJRM do not start.

Attach the screenshot

thans you very much!

Again, if you tried starting CTMJrmServer manually using the command pdexec CTMJrmServer, and it still failed, I wanted to see the output of the pdshow command, and the new CTMJrmServer.log.

Hi Jclarke!

thanks for your anwser

When I start the CTMJrmServer manually, the Jobs works and I can view them.

But when I try to create a new jobs, I get the following error. (I Attach the output and screenshots)

thanks!

You still have one more daemon that needs to be started, EssentialsDM. However, even after starting that, I do not think this exception will go away. There appears to be some issue with the Netshow data in the database. At this point, I recommend you open a TAC service request with the information you've posted as well as the NetShowClient.log.

Oks, I understand.

In the CW, exist one folder: C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\files\rme.

Here are the report files.

If I do a backup, and restore the database from beginning (from zero) and then copy the contents.

Thats works? and then I create again the jobs.

thanks!!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: