VM to a Public Folder.

Answered Question
Sep 1st, 2008
User Badges:

Hi all,

I have a request to setup a Voicemail to go to a public folder? Is this possible?

Many Thanks

Anthony.

Correct Answer by tim.giles about 8 years 6 months ago

Hi,

Yes, creating a distribution list is the easiest way to set this up.

Alternatively, create a mailbox in Exchange/AD and give these people permissions to access it.

Then from Outlook, add it as an additional mailbox (Tools > E-mail accounts > View or change existing e-mail accounts > change > more settings > advanced > "add") on each of their PC's and they can all view the same mailbox as a central store.

Details on distribution lists attached:

http://cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/403/administration/guide/ex/SAG_0180.html

Please rate useful posts....

Overall Rating: 5 (2 ratings)
Jaime Valencia Mon, 09/01/2008 - 07:37
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,
  • Hall of Fame,

more details??

unity?? CUC?? version??

exactly what do you mean by a public folder??

would be easier if you explain what you want to happen

please always provide those kind of details when posting

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Anthony O'Reilly Mon, 09/01/2008 - 08:10
User Badges:

Since Apologies for lack of information Java.

We are using Cisco Unity 4.0 Build 4.0(5)and we would like to configure a voicemail to go to an Exchange 2003 Public folder. This way staff that have access to this folder can listen to the voicemail.

Is this possible, I hope I have explained myself better here.

Thanks

Anthony.

Jaime Valencia Mon, 09/01/2008 - 09:55
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,
  • Hall of Fame,

you can set a call handler to take the message and make the message recipient a distribution list of who should receive the VM

if they don't have a dedicated mailbox then configure just one and configure alternate extensions for that one

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Correct Answer
tim.giles Wed, 09/03/2008 - 02:51
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

Hi,

Yes, creating a distribution list is the easiest way to set this up.

Alternatively, create a mailbox in Exchange/AD and give these people permissions to access it.

Then from Outlook, add it as an additional mailbox (Tools > E-mail accounts > View or change existing e-mail accounts > change > more settings > advanced > "add") on each of their PC's and they can all view the same mailbox as a central store.

Details on distribution lists attached:

http://cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/403/administration/guide/ex/SAG_0180.html

Please rate useful posts....

Actions

This Discussion