Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VM to a Public Folder.

Hi all,

I have a request to setup a Voicemail to go to a public folder? Is this possible?

Many Thanks

Anthony.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Yes, creating a distribution list is the easiest way to set this up.

Alternatively, create a mailbox in Exchange/AD and give these people permissions to access it.

Then from Outlook, add it as an additional mailbox (Tools > E-mail accounts > View or change existing e-mail accounts > change > more settings > advanced > "add") on each of their PC's and they can all view the same mailbox as a central store.

Details on distribution lists attached:

http://cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/403/administration/guide/ex/SAG_0180.html

Please rate useful posts....

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

more details??

unity?? CUC?? version??

exactly what do you mean by a public folder??

would be easier if you explain what you want to happen

please always provide those kind of details when posting

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

Since Apologies for lack of information Java.

We are using Cisco Unity 4.0 Build 4.0(5)and we would like to configure a voicemail to go to an Exchange 2003 Public folder. This way staff that have access to this folder can listen to the voicemail.

Is this possible, I hope I have explained myself better here.

Thanks

Anthony.

you can set a call handler to take the message and make the message recipient a distribution list of who should receive the VM

if they don't have a dedicated mailbox then configure just one and configure alternate extensions for that one

HTH

java

HTH

java

Hi,

Yes, creating a distribution list is the easiest way to set this up.

Alternatively, create a mailbox in Exchange/AD and give these people permissions to access it.

Then from Outlook, add it as an additional mailbox (Tools > E-mail accounts > View or change existing e-mail accounts > change > more settings > advanced > "add") on each of their PC's and they can all view the same mailbox as a central store.

Details on distribution lists attached:

http://cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/403/administration/guide/ex/SAG_0180.html

Please rate useful posts....

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: