cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does the ACE support DFP or something like the ACA algorithm

d-fillmore
Level 2
Level 2

Hi - I have a requirement to load balance traffic accross some servers where the load on each server cannot neccesarily be measured based on the number of connections to it. The ACA algorithm would have been useful for this, as would configuring DFP. I cannot see anything in the config guide that refers to DFP or a load balancing algorithm that takes load into consideration. Does anyone know if there any other ways to achieve what I need?

Many Thanks in advance

Dom

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

DFP is not supported on ACE.

The ACE 2.0+ code support load balancing based on SNMP probes.

SNMP is definitley a better option then DFP (As DFP agents were not available for most of the apps).

Contact you Application Vendor to get the load related MIBs and you are good to go.

Thanks

Syed Iftekhar Ahmed

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

DFP is not supported on ACE.

The ACE 2.0+ code support load balancing based on SNMP probes.

SNMP is definitley a better option then DFP (As DFP agents were not available for most of the apps).

Contact you Application Vendor to get the load related MIBs and you are good to go.

Thanks

Syed Iftekhar Ahmed

That's great - many thanks

Is this something you have implemented? If so, which MIB variables did you find the most useful.

Cheers, Dom

Every Application's MIB for Application Load will be different. You will have to contact your application vendor to figure out the appropriate MIBs.

I haven't got a chance personally to implement it but have read about it. For details

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/interfaces_modules/services_modules/ace/v3.00_A2/configuration/slb/guide/probe.html#wp1100334

Syed Iftekhar Ahmed