cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM 4.1(3) and Gateway GSM integration.

david-lima
Level 4
Level 4

Hi all, I have a CCM 4.1(3)sr7 and a Teles iGATE to saving costs. The iGATE is already configured. To integrate this device with my CCM, H323 configuration is the best way?

Thanks a lot

David

7 Replies 7

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Can be either H.323 or SIP, not sure which protocols ur GW support if H.323 I will for it.

Thanks a lot sir. My GW support H323 and SIP. I configured as H323 in my CCM, but there is something wrong, when I try to establish a call to a cell-phone, it rings 2 times and then the call is dropped.

The GW has the local Device Pool and a unrestricted CSS.

What could be wrong?

Thanks again

David

Try checking the codecs.

(Regions bewteen the GW and IP Phone) Also which method for media ur GW supports (Fast start or slow start)

Let us know

Thanks

Thanks again sir, according to the guide, it is FastStart compatible (sorry, I don't understand the meaning). My IP phones are in the same region that the GW iGATE (G711) and I'm testing with one remote region (g711 in the remote region and g729 with the others regions).

Is there any special configuration in the GW page to do?.

Thanks again dear sir.

David

Hi David,

Try collecting a CCM detailed trace and I can take a look :)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a0080094e89.shtml#topic1

Please include Calling, Called numbers and timestamp

Thanks again dear sir, I'll collect the necessary traces today and I let you know the results in a few hours.

Just one more question please. I have 3 MRGL, the first one include SW resources, the second list include HW resource only and the third list includes HW and SW (actual MRGL). If I change the MRGL in the GW config page to MRGL-SW-ONLY and I check the MTP required, an ip phone to a cell-phone call is normal. It could be a resource problem?

Thanks

David

hi david

as i mentioned above it mostly resources problem

so focus on this point

good luck

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: