Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Nokia E61 by VPN

Hi

My customers wants that E61 registered in CCM by VPN.

My VPN is on router with crypto MAP.

I'm using vpn client cisco and the communication by vpn it's OK.

But the Nokia E61 don't work with vpn cisco.

What do I can?

Thanks

8 Replies 8

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Dear all,

I also have the same problem.

My customer is using Nokia E71.

He want to use SIP phone through Nokia mobile VPN client. The VPN seem to be ok! We are able to connect the intranet. As I look into UCM 6.0 administrator page, the SIP phone seem to be able to register to UCM.

However the internet telephone service is still unavailable when I try to call in/out.

Please help!!!

Hi,

Has your customer made Internet telephony profile which uses the working SIP-profile?

Is your customer using Wlan or cellular packet data for mVPN connection?

If cellular, then there is one restriction, VoIP needs 3G connection. Edge/gprs is not enough.

Thanks,

-Pasi-

Hi Pasi,

Thank you so much for your repl, Pasi.

Anyway do you have document to confirm about the restriction as I have to show this to my customer.

Hi,

Unfortunately I couldn't find any documentation about that. But I know for sure that 2G is not enough when dealing with voice.

Is it possible you to try mVPN+SIP with 3G cellular connection or with WLAN connection. Then you could show to your customer that VoIP works when connection is fast enough.

-Pasi-

Hi,

3G is still not widely use in my country.

Do you think if I use mPVN+SCCP (Cisco ICC) will work through GPRS? (I believe is consume less BW.)

As the ICC trial license was already expired on nokia, I could not make test on that?

Thanks

Hi,

mVPN+SCCP+GRPS combo allows you to register and make calls, but voice quality will be bad.

Have you customer tried Nokia Call Connect client? If not then trial licence is available.

About your trial licence, please register to here https://feedback.nokiaforbusiness.com/ and report new incidend regarding your licence. Lets see what we can do ;)

-Pasi-

I confirm the above. I tried Nokia E66 with mVPN through GPRS. Then registered CallConnect for Cisco. I manage to initiate a call, but there is a lot of lag. It's almost impossible to have normal conversation.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: