Views
Helpful
Replies

DMA tar file

jmecklenburg
Level 2
Level 2

Hi Netpro

I am using the DMA tool for an upgrade of CCM 4.2 (3) to CUCM 6.1 (2), the database is 300 users and the tar file created weighs 12M.

In the process, DMA not generate any error or warning, but I doubt generates weight file.

12MB is an appropriate size for the database that I am exporting?

Greetings

fixie rider
4 Replies 4

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

The DMA tarball is valid if the DMA export and validation are successful when you run DMA.

You can try to run it again and verify no warnings or errors are generated.

I remember a partner just did an upgrade from CM 4.x to 5.13 and stated that the DMA was

suprisingly small (less than 100MB for a 1000 phone deployment) but he says the upgade seems to be OK.

HTH

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I did an upgrade for about 1,300 phones and my DMA file was 48MB in size. The upgrade was successful..So the size does not matter, What matters is you getting the tar file.

Please rate all useful posts

Yea, I just did an upgrade with about 300 phones and the tar file was around 11-12 meg. Upgrade went fine.

If you don't want to carry over your CDR records and CAR database, you can purge them out of SQL. The DMA file will be MUCH smaller and take less time to upgrade.

I was having a problem with an upgrade failing (freezing) until I purged all CDR and CAR records. That customer had call accounting software so their records were saved on the Call Accounting server.