Helpful
Replies

lms 3.1 installation`

njwhitworth
Level 1
Level 1

We have CiscoWorks LMS 3.1 in 5000 device license mode on an HP

server with 4GB physical RAM, quad core and plenty of disk space. We

are runing JRE 1.6.0_5 (as recommended) on the server.

We have verified the installation using pdshow and it all looks ok.

However when we fire up CiscoWorks in the browser, we login with the

admin user credentials but then the browser (IE 6 SP2) just hangs

every time. Firefox 2 produces an error saying the browser is trying to redirect the request in a way that will never complete.

Any ideas will be appreciated.

Thanks

11 Replies 11

akemp
Level 5
Level 5

Does your server have multiple NICs ? If so disable all except one.

If you remote desktop into it (and I'm making the SWAG that you're using windows and NOT VMware contexts) can you get to http://127.0.0.1:1741 ?

The server is a VMware machine with a single NIC. We are using it purely for testing the installation procedure. The production server will have multiple NICs for backup and ILO networks.

From the box itself we can access the login page but when we submit the user credentials it's the redirection to the secure site that fails, IE hangs and firefox produces an error page.

Have you tried disabling SSL logins to see if that works ?

Browser-Server Security Mode Setup to disable ? Sometimes VMware gets confused.

Would I use the command "perl configssl.pl -disable" to do this?

yes, then stop and restart the daemons.

Weird...I entered the command, cleared the browser cache rebooted the server and when I tried to login it still prompted me to accept the cert and redirected me to the https site before hanging again.

TAC case time.

I've had one open for over a week which has now been escalated to the CiscoWorks developers. Was posting here in desparation to see if anyone had had a similar experience:-( Thank you very much for your help.

This sounds like a problem I encountered a long time ago. The problem was that the server admin had used the IE Admin Kit to disable cookies for all users. The result was the code we use in our Apache to verify cookies would fail, and trigger an infinite redirect upon login. The solution was the enable cookies for all users on the system.

Hi, the IE problem and Firefox error message seems to pint to an issue with cookies, however all cookies are allowed in both browsers already.

The problem has nothing to do with the client. The problem has to do with cookies on the server, especially for the internal SYSTEM user (the user as which Apache runs). Cookies must be enabled for that user. If something was done to the server which disabled cookies for all users globally, then Apache is unable to authenticate LMS users.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: