Views
Helpful
Replies

Callmanager Service crashes

Amine-K
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

We have upgraded our Cisco Callmanager version 4 to version 6.

After the upgrade and the license upload, when we start the Cisco Communications Manager service, it starts for a few seconds then goes to not-running state.

Did anyone face the same problem?

Thanks

4 Replies 4

Amine-K
Level 1
Level 1

Please note that the syslog message preceding the callmanager service crash is :

%CCM_CALLMANAGER-CALLMANAGER-3-NoFeatureLicense: No feature license found

We verified the license unit report and we can confirm that the server license unit is ok.

What may be the reason for this failure?

I have the same problem. Was your problem fixed with a new license file?

Please refer to the following URL, particularly the POST install checks:-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/upgrade/6_1_2/upgrd612.html#wp38623

It is important that you obtain the software feature license otherwise the callmanager service will not start.

The following information is taken from the 6.1.2 Release notes:-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/rel_notes/6_1_2/cucm-rel_note-612.html#wp474586

Cisco CallManager Service Stops After Upgrade to Cisco Unified Communications Manager 6.X

After you upgrade to Cisco Unified Communications Manager 6.X from a compatible Cisco Unified CM 5.X release, the Cisco CallManager service does not automatically run, even though Cisco Unified Serviceability shows that the Cisco CallManager service is activated.

Immediately after you complete the upgrade, upload the software feature license that is required for Cisco Unified Communications Manager 6.X in Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration, and restart the Cisco CallManager service in Cisco Unified Serviceability. Until you perform these tasks, devices fail to register with Cisco Unified Communications Manager.

For more information on licensing, refer to the licensing chapters in the Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration Guide and the Cisco Unified Communications Manager System Guide.

Rgds

Allan.

I have this same problem. Only I initiated a switch versions from 6.1.2 to 6.1.1 and now when 6.1.1 comes up it gives me this error NoFeatureLicense. When I switch back to 6.1.2 everything works fine. Since I'm going back to 6.1.1 why do I get this error if 6.1.2 can see the licsense just fine?