cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCX 5.0(2) play MOH instead of Ring Tone

Gundars Dubults
Level 1
Level 1

When call comes in CCX (and there is an agent ready to pick up the call)there is only one ring tone played and then Music on Hold is being played (for caller) while agent phone is ringing and agent picks aup a call.

Why Ring Tone is not being played in this scenario? MOH usually plays when call is placed On Hold.

MOH option in CCX is selected to "None". Does anyone else has experienced the same? How can I get rid of MOH?

10 Replies 10

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you think about it playing MOH is a good feature in case the call rings agent's phone but agent does not answer it, with MOH it simply requeus and the caller has no idea what happened, if caller heard ringback then got redirected to queue he would certinaly be confused.

There's been a lot of threads about changing MOH to rinback here and it can be done with a replacement of a wav file, simply search the forum and you'll find your solution.

HTH,

Chris

Thank you for explanation, it is great for most of the cases. But in my case this CCX is for emergency services. When someone calls in case of emergency there has to be a ringback tone only. We even made queue promt as Ring tone. How can I make a configuration so it plays a ringback tone instead of MOH? Where can I point to different wav file?

araffill
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

When the agent phone is ringing, the IPCCX is tries to transfer the call from the CTI port to the agent phone.

As you know, the callee hears the MOH music when the call is being transferred.

The MOH you hear is the MOH music set for the CTI port on the CCM.

As Chris has pointed out, it is a good idea to keep the MOH rather than the ringing tone.

Also, It is a good idea to keep the MOH music of the CTI port same as the Q music. This will avoid the call from realising when an agent missed the call.

HTH..

Cheers

Thank you for explanation, it is great for most of the cases. But in my case this CCX is for emergency services. When someone calls in case of emergency there has to be a ringback tone only. We even made queue promt as Ring tone. How can I make a configuration so it plays a ringback tone instead of MOH? Where can I point to different wav file?

What you are describing is called Network Hold Source and is configured on the CTI Ports through JTAPI > Call Control Group.

If you want a caller to hear ringback while UCCX is presenting the call to an agent, set the Network Hold Source to None.

Note: Do NOT modify the CTI Port configuration from UCM.

I went into this a little further in a previous thread: http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=Contact%20Center&topicID=.ee6fe12&fromOutline=&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.2cc15bfb

Thank you for your input.

Network Hold source (also User Hold source) is set to None on CCX Call Controll Group, and also on CM for line based, device based, device pool based options, but still MOH is beeing played!

For some reason, your statement "If you want a caller to hear ringback while UCCX is presenting the call to an agent, set the Network Hold Source to None" does not work!

I've read through your suggested article- it explains the logic and provides scenarios how MOH is beeing played, but does mention how to prevent of playing MOH.

What else can I do to get ringback tone?

I would imagine setting the hold settings to None are being overwritten somewhere within CCM. If you set them to None at the port level you may have the Device Pool setting still active that is giving you MOh.

You need to record a ringing tone and use that as your MOH source at the CTI port level (or device pool if you create a specific one for UCCX ports.) Because the transfer from the CTI port to the agent phone is a supervised one you will get MOH. If everything is set to None I would expect to hear Tone on Hold as the call is transferred.

I understand you are using this system for emergency services but I would also recommend playing MOH versus ringing. Perhaps play a quick prompt that lets a caller know they have reached your system and then give them MOH until the call is transferred to an agent. Just my personal opinion here but if I hear more than 4 or 5 rings and don't get an answer I'm going to hang up, whether it is an emergency or not.

Hi,

We are having the same question how to play ringback to caller when agent phone is ring. I am wondering if we can get the callmanager ringtone wav file and then put it on MOH server? If can, how to get this wav file?

Thanks

rebecca.b
Level 1
Level 1

There is a default MOH setting in Service parameters that serves as a clusterwide MOH setting.  Default is 1 so will play the firse Audio Source file in CUCM.  This is a required field so not sure if you can set it to 0 and then it will play nothing or your desired ringback.  Make sure you realize you are changing a SYSTEM WIDE setting..

Rebecca

Thanks Rebecca for good recommendation

Darko

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: