cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC DHCP

cef2lion2
Level 1
Level 1

I'm using the internal WLC DHCP to assign DHCP addresses to our APs. If you have more then one scope defined in the internal DHCP how it is determined which scope the APs use versus clients on a WLAN?

Ran into an issue last week where our APs started using addresses from the other scope and the wireless network went down. Seeing a design issue where the WLC interface and one of the WLAN are using the same VLAN. Thinking I need to separate the WLANs from the WLC AP Manager and Mangement interfaces.

Craig

3 Replies 3

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You do need to seperate the AP's from the wireless user subnet especialy if you plan on using dhcp on the wlc. I always place the ap's on seperate subnets from any wired or wireless user subnet. I will place them in a management subnet if possible.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thanks. If you use the WLC internal DHCP server. How does it know which interfaces to serve IP addresses on.

In the dynamic interface, you would put the management ip address as the primary dhcp. You can also specify the primary dhcp on the wlan ssid.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card