cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Why won't Unity start after adding a language?

I added a second language to Unity 4.2.1. There were 6 language licenses available and I only had English installed. Now, the Unity service won't start. The AvCsMgr service logs in with the Message store account. The Message store account has the Send as/receive as rights checked for denied but they are greyed out. It won't change no matter what I do. Is there something else I messed up adding the language? The Unity_<servername> has the Send as/receive as rights checked for allow in AD. The Exchange 2000 is offbox. what else can I look for? Thanks.

This is the document that I used.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/42/upgrade/guide/ex/ru_040.html#wp1104842

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

something at the app or system logs??

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

Yes, I get the following sequence of errors everytime I try to start Unity.

Event Type: Error

Event Source: CiscoUnity_MALEx

Event Category: Error

Event ID: 30003

Date: 8/29/2008

Time: 4:17:42 PM

User: N/A

Computer: UNITY

Description:

An attempt to access the Primary Exchange Mailbox Store by AvCsMgr via MAPI has failed. The MAPI subsystem return the following error: You do not have permission to log on..

Event Source: CiscoUnity_MALEx

Event ID: 30012

Description:

An occurred which prevents successful Exchange access by AvCsMgr via MAPI.

This is typically an indication of configuration issues with Unity, Exchange, or the MAPI subsystem.

Verify that the Unity services accounts are granted the correct permissions and that there are no issues with installation. The SysCheck utility may assist in diagnosing the problem.

Event Source: CiscoUnity_Doh

Event ID: 32013

Description:

Doh logon failed due to messaging component logon error: 8004052eH

Event Source: CiscoUnity_Arbiter

Event Category: Init

Event ID: 1004

Description:

Unable to log onto the Doh. Use SysCheck to verify that the account AvCsMgr is running under has the correct permissions.

Event Source: CiscoUnity_CsServices

Event Category: Init

Event ID: 1021

Description:

AvCsMgr: Component Arbiter initialize failed. Turn on diagnostics for component Arbiter to troubleshoot. Technical Details: IAvCsComponent::Initialize failed with error [0x80004005; E_FAIL]

Event Source: CiscoUnity_CsServices

Event ID: 1009

Description:

AvCsMgr service failed to initialize the component manager.

i'd rerun the PW, run MSCW and also delete the MAPI profile

HTH

java

HTH

java

I ran the Permissions Wizard and deleted the MAPI profile and ran the Message Store Confiuration Wizard. But, it still has a red X.

The Message Store service MsgStorescv has the Send as/Receive as rights checked for deny but they are greyed out so I can't change them. It appears to be something with the Global Catalog or the Mapi profile. Any other things to look at?

Could you please send me the app and sys log from the server? Let me know ask you this, is message store account member of domain admins group? Do you see DOH failure errors in the app log? My email is shabbir@tapal.net

I'll send you the files. The message store account is a member of the Domain Admins group. There are DOH errors in the logs.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: