cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CallManager Upgrade from 6.0(1) to 6.0(1b) confusion

kim_beadle
Level 1
Level 1

I am confused over the upgrade path. In the PDF "Release Notes for Cisco Unified Communications Manager Release 6.0(1b)"

it states;

If you currently use Unified CM 6.0(1) or 6.0(1a)

Do this Upgrade to Unified CM 6.0(1b).

But in the same PDF it reads;

It is possible to upgrade directly to Cisco Unified Communications Manager 6.1(1b) from:

4.1(3x)

4.2(3x)

6.0(1b)

5.1(1x)

5.1(2x)

5.1(3x)

6.0(1a)

There is no mention of 6.0(1)!

It also reads;

Do not use the following information to upgrade from any Unified CM release other than 6.0(1a).

This is confusing as there is still no mention of how to upgrade from 6.0(1) to 6.0(1b) as is recommended in the document.

Has anyone upgraded from 6.0(1) to 6.0(1b) without upgrading to 6.0(1a) first?

11 Replies 11

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

you can go ahead and do the upgrade, that is only a minor release

similar to having 4.1(3) and trying to to install 4.1(3)SRX

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

Hi Java,

thanks for the prompt response.

Would I have to delete the existing inactive version 5.1 in order to make space for the 2 x 1.1Gb uploads?

I am not sure whether this happens automatically.

there is no option to delete so i would not worry about that, all upgrades and patches are applied into the inactive partition whether you want it or not

HTH

java

HTH

java

Hi Java,

so any patch or upgrade/update is automatically recognised and saved to the correct directory for installation?

only applicable files, ie: if you have a upgrade for 5.1 to 6.1 but you're already on 6.0 it won't show up and won't work

HTH

java

HTH

java

I am having bother using SFTP. Is there an option for uploading from my desktop 'Manage TPTP Files' and if so what directory do I upload to?

manage TFTP loads to the TFTPPath and subfolders if specified. not meant for upgrade purposes

HTH

java

HTH

java

Hi Java,

I had a hunch that this couldn't be possible. I will persevere with the SFTP server.

I am in the process of uploading the 2.3gb 6.0(1b) iso file.

Normally with device packs I verify the hash then install and restart tftp server.

In this case I don't want to go live with the upgrade but want to see it in the inactive partition.

I am more than nervous about clicking install when the option appears!!

Typical paranoia.

I have just had my question answered, a different option is presented.

Verify the hash as usual then upgrade either reboot or not...phew!

just be aware changes made after you installed the new version won't migrate, a guy did it, waited 2 weeks and then did the version switch just to find out all he had configured over 2 weeks was not on the new version

so, either don't do ANY change or redo the changes once you switch partitions

HTH

java

HTH

java