Views
Helpful
Replies

CSS ADI up-grade

PEDRO AGUIRRE
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!!

We will do a software up-grade for a CSS11503. At the moment, we have the ADI version sg0730005. We want to install the ADI version sg0810205.

On release notes I've found the following:

"Required Minimum Maintenance Release Before Upgrading to Version 8.10

For the CSS software version 8.10 to support the SSL compression (SSL-C) module, before you upgrade, the CSS must be at one of the following maintenance releases or higher:

If the CSS is not at one of these maintenance releases, you must perform the following upgrade sequence:

1. Upgrade the CSS to the required maintenance release.

2. Upgrade the CSS to software version 8.10"

We have not any SSL/Compression Module installed, please help me with the following:

1.- Can we make the "direct" up-grade to the 8.10.2.05 or we need any previous up-grade?

2.- If we do the "direct" up-grade to the 8.10 version, can we have any future problem if we need to install a SSL Module (CSS5-SSL-C-K9)?

Thanks in advance!!

3 Replies 3

amritpatek
Level 6
Level 6

No you can't upgrade directly if you have not one of above maintenance releases which you have mentioned. You have to follow the those two steps before upgrade CSS.

tim.metzinger
Level 1
Level 1

If you don't have the SSL-C modules, you may upgrade directly, and you won't have any issues if you install SSL-C modules in the future, if those modules are new.

The need to be at one of the interim levels is only IF you have the SSL-C modules installed, as those modules running older versions will not upgrade to the new version successfully. Remember that the software isn't just a new software release, it's new firmware too.

My GUESS is that the process of overwriting the 8.10.x version on top of an SSL/C module running an "early" release will fail.

Tim, thanks for the advice!!

We'd make the upgrade last weekend, but not directly (in order to avoid any issue)...

Regards...

Pedro

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: