Views
Helpful
Replies

CSS ADI up-grade

PEDRO AGUIRRE
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!!

We will do a software up-grade for a CSS11503. At the moment, we have the ADI version sg0730005. We want to install the ADI version sg0810205.

On release notes I've found the following:

"Required Minimum Maintenance Release Before Upgrading to Version 8.10

For the CSS software version 8.10 to support the SSL compression (SSL-C) module, before you upgrade, the CSS must be at one of the following maintenance releases or higher:

If the CSS is not at one of these maintenance releases, you must perform the following upgrade sequence:

1. Upgrade the CSS to the required maintenance release.

2. Upgrade the CSS to software version 8.10"

We have not any SSL/Compression Module installed, please help me with the following:

1.- Can we make the "direct" up-grade to the 8.10.2.05 or we need any previous up-grade?

2.- If we do the "direct" up-grade to the 8.10 version, can we have any future problem if we need to install a SSL Module (CSS5-SSL-C-K9)?

Thanks in advance!!

3 Replies 3

amritpatek
Level 6
Level 6

No you can't upgrade directly if you have not one of above maintenance releases which you have mentioned. You have to follow the those two steps before upgrade CSS.

tim.metzinger
Level 1
Level 1

If you don't have the SSL-C modules, you may upgrade directly, and you won't have any issues if you install SSL-C modules in the future, if those modules are new.

The need to be at one of the interim levels is only IF you have the SSL-C modules installed, as those modules running older versions will not upgrade to the new version successfully. Remember that the software isn't just a new software release, it's new firmware too.

My GUESS is that the process of overwriting the 8.10.x version on top of an SSL/C module running an "early" release will fail.

Tim, thanks for the advice!!

We'd make the upgrade last weekend, but not directly (in order to avoid any issue)...

Regards...

Pedro