Views
Helpful
Replies

CME trunk to Callmanager

huntlee
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have a customer that has 2 clusters, one CME cluster and one CUCM 6.1 cluster. They do NOT plan to migrate the CME users across to CUCM.

What is the easiest trunk to setup that will allow CME users to call CUCM users and vice versa??

Would be great if there are detailed instructions or examples on how to do this.

I have spent a lot of time on this already but i'm new to this so would appreciated anyone's help.

Cheers,

Hunt

7 Replies 7

Hi gogasca,

So i can just configure the CME as a 'normal' H323 gateway?? On CME, i just need voip dial-peer like normal?? I don't need any special commands on CME??

Would appreciated your help.

Cheers,

Hunt

Hi Hunt,

Correct, under CCMAdmin, configure H.323 GW in CUCM using CME IP addr.

Correct regular...dial-peer

If I can ask a related question, on the CME router...do I need to add separate dial peer stements for each one of the CUCM IP addresses for each member of the cluster if I want redundancy?

Thanks, Mary

If I can ask a related question, on the CME router...do I need to add separate dial peer stements for each one of the CUCM IP addresses for each member of the cluster if I want redundancy?

Thanks, Mary

yes.

Preference command will be needed

I am going to be setting up a trunk between my Callmanager 6 and a CME 4.0 at a remote office. I currently use MGCP for all of my PSTN connections at this location. Will using H.323 for the trunk to the CME and MGCP for the trunks to PSTN cause problems? I couldn't really gather a straight answer from the document provided.

Thanks,

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: