Views
Helpful
Replies

transfer CCM to new server

a.gooding
Level 5
Level 5

Guys

i have currently an MCS-7825 running ccm 4.0. we are in the process of an upgrade with a MCS-7835-H2. i need to put the CCM 4.0 onto this new server. i have the CCM 4.0 software however, it wouldnt detect the new server. what do i need to download for a smooth install of this?

thanks in advance

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

you need to ask for the PCD for that server model in order to install the OS.

you cannot download it, you need to order it to get the physical CDs

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Which OS is installed?

I remembered some problems when loading CUCM in new servers, which will not recognized because they were released after cucm version.

Some customers upgrade CUCM and that did it.

But let us know exact CUCM version and OS

thanks

the customer currently has OS version 2000.2.6 CCM 4.0(2)

they currently only have one server therefore i didnt want to interfer at all with this in case of anything. they ordered 6.1.2 so what i planned to do was make a backup, reinstall 4.0 on the new server, restore to this new server, then upgrade to 4.1 and then to 6.1......hehe, after thinking about it, i decided to pull all the necessary info and recreate (its not a big install). id still like to know though as there is another customer that is currently pursusing this option with the same setup but on a larger scale.

thanks for the responses

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: