cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Email Events full raw text message

p.mckay
Level 1
Level 1

Looking to see if there is a method for getting a event/incident emailed that contains the message content the same as when you view an incident. Currently have been able to get syslog, email and xmail sent but the message only contains either a link to the MARS or just the title. I would like to get an email, syslog that contains all the information just like you see when you open an incident rather having to log into the MARS for every event.

3 Replies 3

mhellman
Level 7
Level 7

I believe the XML format contains the raw message. You'd have to parse it of course, but I think that's the only way.

Thanks it does in fact as the dcoumnetation does indicate.

But to be blunt this a useless option if you do not know how to do that. Once again in my opinion Cisco strikes out on simple options.

i agree, the normal incident emails are pretty useless really...just a link telling you to go read the details yourself. It would be nice to have a configuration OPTION to include details in the email. Maybe zip it up and add as an attachment if it's over a certain size. I'm still not certain the raw message is something I'd personally want, but certainly all the other info in the incident.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: