cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco ip communicator

sunnyverghese
Level 1
Level 1

I have a callmanger version 4.1 , is it possible to give the public ip address for TFTP server to connect the cisco ip communicator . i am waiting valuable comments.

5 Replies 5

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

it is posible!!

but dont do it

in this case any one know this ip will rigister, attack, or dammage this server

the best and most secure way is to have router or firewall on the internet edge and make a remote access vpn connection to that router or firewall and allow this vpn client to communicat with the CCM,TFTP after connecting thorugh vpn

this way u can use ur IP communicator securly and easy

good luck

if helpful Rate

Thanks for your reply we are using vpn to connect the cipc but most users are roaming around so could you kindly let me know, how it is possible to connect through the public tftp server. We will open the specified ports to communicate with CIPC to secure the CCM server.

ok but the problem is not only the TFTP u need

u need TFTP and SCCP for phone to rgister

and u need to open udp ports from

32.. to 16.. for call to be done !!

which is automaticaly done by an application inspection method by a firewall or IOS firewall

while with static way like urs it will be really not reasonable i dont advice u to do it

if useres roam and have internet access why u dont give them VPN connection?

Hi Marwan

i appreciate your help , could you please tell me which specified ports i need to open in firewall to connect the cisco ip communicator through public ip address.

i had nat the private ccm ip to public ip and open all ports . But stil it is not connecting through public ip address.

The vpn connection always disconnecting.

kindly suggest .

basicaly u need TFTP,SCCP also u need the SCCP inspection enabled on the firewall default inspection policy

good luck

if helpful Rate

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: