cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Any live through a CRS 4.0(X) to 5.0(X) upgrade?

mmertens
Level 1
Level 1

I've got a customer upgrading CM 4.1(3) to CM 6.1(2); and will also go from CRS 4.0(5) to probably 5.0(2). Has any done a production upgrade between these two versions? How'd it go? Just wondering how bloody it was. Thanks for any input.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There is no upgrade to 5.0(2) from that version. The upgrade path was broken between 4.0 and 4.5 where a format and clean install of the UCCX server is required. You will need to manually document all settings and backup all repository files prior to performing the format. Once you complete initial setup you will need to rebuild the config as it existed prior to upgrade. You will loose all historical data in the process as well. If you want to keep it, you can backup the SQL database off-box and pull data from it manually using Crystal or another tool of your choosing.

The business unit has been promising a migration tool for some time now. It still hasn't surfaced though and no firm commitment date has been released to my knowledge. There are rumors that 3rd-parties offer a manual database migration for a substantial professional services fee but I have not seen this first-hand.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There is no upgrade to 5.0(2) from that version. The upgrade path was broken between 4.0 and 4.5 where a format and clean install of the UCCX server is required. You will need to manually document all settings and backup all repository files prior to performing the format. Once you complete initial setup you will need to rebuild the config as it existed prior to upgrade. You will loose all historical data in the process as well. If you want to keep it, you can backup the SQL database off-box and pull data from it manually using Crystal or another tool of your choosing.

The business unit has been promising a migration tool for some time now. It still hasn't surfaced though and no firm commitment date has been released to my knowledge. There are rumors that 3rd-parties offer a manual database migration for a substantial professional services fee but I have not seen this first-hand.

Thanks for the great input!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: