Views
Helpful
Replies

CAD Click-to-dial

jasonharmer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am trying to get the CAD click-to-dial function to work, all the guides that I have read say that the number has to be 10 digits and hyperlinked.

But I have been unable to find any information on what the hyper link is.

If anyone can help out it would be appreciated..

Thanks

jason

5 Replies 5

cvenour
Level 1
Level 1

The CAD Internal Browser (in CAD Premium) will automatically detect and hyperlink numbers in a particular format, making them clickable by the agent.

So, if you create a web page with (for example) 800-555-1234 in it, it would show up in the CAD Internal Browser as a hyperlink. When clicked, it would invoke a make call to the number.

------------------------

The complete section from the CAD 7.2x User Guide (pages 60-61):

Dialing Hyperlinked Phone Numbers

You can dial a phone number displayed as a hyperlink on a web page merely by clicking it.

- The phone number must be 10 digits long and use the North American dial string format:

(3-digit area code)(3-digit exchange number)(4-digit subscriber number)

Shorter numbers, such as local numbers without area codes or phone extensions, cannot be dialed.

- The phone number can have parentheses around the area code, and use any combination of space, hyphen, and period in the phone number.

- The phone number cannot contain alpha characters. For instance, the phone number 800-GET-PZZA cannot be dialed.

- You can dial a hyperlinked phone number only if your are in the Not Ready agent state.

- A dialed hyperlinked phone number will not appear in the Recent Call List in the Dial Pad window.

- The phone number hyperlinks disappear if you refresh the site by right-clicking and choosing the Refresh menu option. To refresh the page without losing the hyperlinks, press F5 or click the Refresh button on the integrated browser toolbar.

Regards,

Corey.

Additional info:

You can link your own pages to dial with CAD and your extension.

Use http://*12345 for 7.2 and http://index.htm#*1234 for 7.5

Simon

Could we disable the hyperlink function for 10 characters?

When I try to go to some website with 10 characters. It will course problems.

Yes,

afaik you can disable the function in CDA,

Simon

Hi Simon,

Could you disable the cad click-to-dial in CCX 7?  I read the CDAdministrator User Guide 8.0, and I found that it's possible to disable click-to-dial, but the field is missing in CCX 7.

Regards,
Christian

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: