cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DTMF Issues on label transfer from CVP/UCCE through SIP/CCM to UCCX

Chad Stachowicz
Level 6
Level 6

So, here is the deal. I basically have a call coming in CVP comprehensive flow with sip proxies.

Call comes into an ICM menu (CVP Micro App) that one of the menu options goes to a label. This label ultimately sends the call back through CVP to SIP to CCM and its hits a route point into a UCCX Server where Dial By Name is hosted. Basically DTMF only works once in the UCCX a single time in the AA Menu. After this it doesnt work anymore until I reboot the UCCX machine. DTMF always works fine from an IP Phones directly into the route point. Do I need to do something special? Should I send it over the Call Manager Routing Client somehow instead of back through the sip proxies? Is this an option, do I have to do something special?

Thanks much, pretty urgent BTW

Chad

7 Replies 7

Chad Stachowicz
Level 6
Level 6

no help?

Pushy. ;-)

I do something similar with Unity from the PSTN.

The current customer implementation has a CVP menu which includes STAR for auto-attendant functions. That submenu has 1 for dial by name, 2 for dial by extension and 3 for Unity sign in. These all return route points on CUCM that invoke the Unity applications. Actually the system us here in the US but Unity is in Europe, and it works fine.

No issues with DTMF driving through to Unity. Must be a UCCX problem.

Regards,

Geoff

Which makes alot of sense because it works the first time in UCCX and never again until the server is rebooted. Sounds like a might be screwed :( Do you think using a sip refer transfer out of CVP would have any effect?

Chad

Well i just added a label for the cm_RC and it seems to be working fine now. Prior I only had 2 labels, 1 for each CVP_RC. Can anyone explain this? Also since its dial-by name and SIP I now am seeing that there is no ringback when transfering from the DBN/DBE AA UCCX. Any setting that can fix this?

Chad

Are you using CTI Route Points in Call Manager, if so it would make sense why you needed a label for the CM routing client.

We fixed the "no ringback" problem - we certainly had that problem out of the box. I'll see if I can dig out my notes on that.

Regards,

Geoff

Awesome thanks a bunch Geoff! I fixed the DTMF halfway but looking at it from elsewhere it seems it was borked a bunch of places. CIPC wouldnt work into CVP but hard phones would. No DTMF directly from PSTN->SIP Proxy->CUCM-> UCCM and my transfer to UCCX from CVP were all cured by reprioritizing my MRG and MRGL,s to make sure that hardware MTP's on IOS were used. However I still cannot do dtmf in uccx if I go into cvp straight from CCM (not pstn). From the PSTN seems to work flawlessly though. Also still the ringback problem. Thanks for all the help guys, this one is a doozy ;)

Chad

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: