Views
Helpful
Replies

Hard Disk Replace of CCM

sheerazkhatri
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I have Call Manager 4.1(3) on MCS 7825H platform. The subscriber server's HDD gone bad few days back. Upon inspection I found bad sectors. I have got the new disk now. Is it possible to make the Ghost of the old disk and dump it on the new one without doing the complete re-installation ? I am using Norton Ghost for the purpose.

Sheeraz

2 Replies 2

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

You can try that and should work, but as Cisco server | Cisco we dont support the Norton software.

Normally those servers have RAID 1 configured.

The process is straihgtforward...just take out the failed disk and replace it with the new disk...the RAID 1 rebuild would start automatically and finish without any user intervention..no need to reboot the server.

Which exact server model you have?

Here is the guide for

HP ProLiant DL380 Server series

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DocumentIndex.jsp?contentType=SupportManual&locale=en_US&docIndexId=179911&taskId=101&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=254889#6

Let us know

My platform is MCS-7825H-3.0- IPC1(HW Only MCS 7825H-3000 with P4 3060, 1GB RAM, 40GB HDD). I have tried out the exercise of using norton for the purpose in a testing environment. It worked fine.

Your suggestion seems more suitable to me. I should be taking adavatage of RAID 1. Before replying you, I have tried the RAID 1 in testing environment too. It worked perfectly alright except that I have to convert the disk volume to DYNAMIC from BASIC before getting the MIRRORING option. As soon as I converted the volume from BASIC to DYNAMIC, it prompt me to reboot the system. After rebooting, both disk went under synchroization which lasted about an hour after which everything was fine. Now I am little confused which option is more suitable on the live system as both options worked fine. The current Disk Management screenshot is also attached for your reference (of susbcriber server whose disk is bad). Please suggest.

Sheeraz

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: