Have a scenario where WAAS is being implemented. The challenge we face is this:
1. WAAS is being implemented at headoffice and all sites. Each site, including headoffice, have dual routers with dual links into an MPLS environment, and two WAE appliances are installed in WCCP at the head office.
2. WAE registers through WCCP with both the routers and all seems operational, ie checking wccp stats on WAE and on router.
3. The traffic on the two links, running of the seperate routers, are load balancing using routing protocol.
1. How will the routers determine which WAE is servicing the request? Traffic could potentially run up one link and come back down the other link, breaking the optomization.
2. Another Observation that was made that as soon as WAE is up and running and registered with the routers through WCCP. The HSRP address on the LAN side of the link is no longer accessible, you can connect to the physical interface, but not the HSRP IP Address.
Anyone have any ideas? or any guidlines on implementing WAAS in the above scenario?
Thanks for your help!