cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN problem

godzilla0
Level 1
Level 1

Hi I'm doing a ponint to point pre-shared key VPN and I've got this error on phase 2.

*Sep 3 08:33:50.876: IPSEC(crypto_ipsec_process_proposal): proxy identities not supported

*Sep 3 08:33:50.876: ISAKMP:(5058): IPSec policy invalidated proposal with error 32

*Sep 3 08:33:50.876: ISAKMP:(5058): phase 2 SA policy not acceptable! (local 192.168.3.11 remote 170.252.72.46)

*Sep 3 08:33:50.880: ISAKMP:(5058):deleting node -1434383868 error TRUE reason "QM rejected"

8 Replies 8

grant.maynard
Level 4
Level 4

I think "proxy identities not supported" usually means your ACLs don't match at both ends. Perhaps a subnet mask is different?

I double checked each point and everthing on the ACL's seems to be ok. Do you have any more ideas ?Thanks-

double check the phase 2 encryption and hash nat both ends, there is a proposal error.

Also check the no-nat ACL and the interesting traffic acl.

HTH>

What you mean with the no-nat acl and the interesting traffic acl ? 've got only 1 acl.

You can use 1 acl - I personally choose to use 2, helps with troubleshooting cases....like this. I normally use something like:-

access-list no-nat extended permit ip x.x.x.x y.y.y.y w.w.w.w z.z.z.z

x.x.x.x = src ip sbunet

y.y.y.y = src subnet mask

w.w.w.w = dst ip subnet

z.z.z.z = dst subnet mask

then:-

access-list vpn-remote-branch-1 extended permit ip x.x.x.x y.y.y.y w.w.w.w z.z.z.z

The my nat looks like:-

nat (inside) 0 access-list no-nat

and my crypto looks like:-

crypto map remote-branch 10 match address vpn-remote-branch-1

HTH>

I double checked each point and everthing on the ACL's seems to be ok. Do you have any more ideas ?Thanks-

OK, post the configs.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: