Helpful
Replies

PPP Multilink Question

terry_leong
Level 1
Level 1

Dear expert,

Good Day.

I have a question about the PPP multilink.

Currently, i have 3 serial interface and bound them as multilink 3. But unfortunately serial0/0/0 has error increasing and rest 2 serial are normal.

My question is why #show int multilink didn't detect/reflect the input error, CRC, Frame, overrun, abort and interface resets error. Is it normal behavoiur of multilink ? Hope expert can answer my confusion.

Please refer the attachment for capture #show command.

Thanks.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Calin C.
Level 5
Level 5

Hello!

"show int multilink" did not show any errors because the packets traveling through the interface itself are not been detected as being malformated, corrupted...

The actual path for the packet traveling to your internal network is physical interface (serial0/0/0 in your case, where errors are detected) -> multilink interface (where no errors arrive). The multilink interface should have showed errors in case that the encapsulated packets over the multilink interface are not correct (CRC erros, malformed packets...).

Please let me know if you need additional explanation.

Cheers,

Calin

View solution in original post

garsmi
Level 1
Level 1

A couple additional things.

A multilink is only a virtual interface, you will not see the physical interface errors there.

Depending on what you are using....You can do one of the following to see the errors.

sh int s0/0/0 (this will work regardless)

One of the two below will work & will give you a 24 hr PM (Performance Monitor) history broken down to 15 min intervals.

sh controller t1 0/0/0

sh service-module s0/0/0

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Calin C.
Level 5
Level 5

Hello!

"show int multilink" did not show any errors because the packets traveling through the interface itself are not been detected as being malformated, corrupted...

The actual path for the packet traveling to your internal network is physical interface (serial0/0/0 in your case, where errors are detected) -> multilink interface (where no errors arrive). The multilink interface should have showed errors in case that the encapsulated packets over the multilink interface are not correct (CRC erros, malformed packets...).

Please let me know if you need additional explanation.

Cheers,

Calin

Hai,

Calin ..explained well....cheers

Lijesh.N.C

garsmi
Level 1
Level 1

A couple additional things.

A multilink is only a virtual interface, you will not see the physical interface errors there.

Depending on what you are using....You can do one of the following to see the errors.

sh int s0/0/0 (this will work regardless)

One of the two below will work & will give you a 24 hr PM (Performance Monitor) history broken down to 15 min intervals.

sh controller t1 0/0/0

sh service-module s0/0/0

garsmi, Excellent addtional info.

Cheers,

Calin

Thanks All Expert for your Good Answer @

Appreciate it. (^_~)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: