Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM CME Integration

sadiqkareem
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I connected CCM 4.1(3) and CME 3.3 and create an ICT in CCM.Also created 1 voip dial-peer in CME for calls to CCM

dial-peer voice 7 voip

destination-pattern 7....

session target ipv4:192.168.1.75(CCM IP)

codec g711ulaw

Calls from CCM to CME is working fine. But when i am trying to call from CME phones to CCM phones it is getting busy tone.

Also I have 1 CUE in CME Router. VoiceMail system is working properly from CME phones. But when i call VoiceMail number from CCM phones, it is getting busy tone.

Pls help

Thanks........

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

try to define CME as h323 gateway on CCm instead of ICT and use ur dial peer on CME to point to CCM

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Michael Owuor
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sadiq,

For CME to CCM calls, make sure the ICT trunk has a CSS that gives it visibility to the partition that the CCM phones are in. Also make sure that the number being delivered (7xxxx) is what the CCM is expecting.

For CCM to CUE calls, confirm that CCM calls are coming in as G.711, otherwise a transcoder would be needed to translate the call since CUE only speaks G.711. Ensure also that H.323 to SIP routing is enabled.

!

voice service voip

allow-connections h323 to sip

!

If your configuration looks alright and calls still fail, feel free to post your configs and output of debug voip ccapi inout as well as CCM traces.

Regards,

Michael.

hi Michael

i am just wondering why he made the integration as ICT to CME?

through the ICT the CME will comunicate as h323 device with CCM?

i think its easier and better to make the intgration as h323

he can define the CME as h323 device and at the CME do the dial-peer he has done

i think more reliable

Sadiq, this is a link to a prevous discussion addressed a case similer to urs

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Telephony&topicID=.ee6c829&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.2cc1bb67/0#selected_message

if helpful Rate

Hi,

The CCM to CUE issue solved when i configured voice service. But the CME to CCM calls still not working. CCM phone CSS and ICT trunk CSS are same. Here i m attaching the debug ccapi inout output.

Pls give me a solution.

Thanks.......

try to define CME as h323 gateway on CCm instead of ICT and use ur dial peer on CME to point to CCM

Hi Marwan,

I couldn't find any specific technical reason for using an ICT vs a gateway. Do you know any technical reasons for using one and not the other? I agree that configuring a gateway is often simple. The CME doc that refer to integration with CallManager reference using an ICT. Here's an example.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmetrans.html#wp1121584

Sadiq - the traces show the following error message:

*Mar 1 17:30:47.275: //60/E2E8D004803B/CCAPI/cc_api_call_disconnect_done:

Disposition=0, Interface=0x84910EAC, Tag=0x0, Call Id=60,

Call Entry(Disconnect Cause=38, Voice Class Cause Code=0, Retry Count=0)

Disconnect Cause=38 means Network out of order: Destination cannot be reached because the network is not functioning correctly, and the condition might last for an extended period of time. An immediate reconnect attempt will probably be unsuccessful.

To try to fix this, try the following:

1. Verify that the CallManager can ping the CME gateway.

2. Go to the CME router and on the interface that has the IP address used in the ping test in #1, add this command:

h323-gateway voip bind srcaddr x.x.x.x

Test again. If still failing, run the same debug as before, and also debug h225 asn1 and debug h245 asn1.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Michael.

Hi,

The issue is resolved. i added h323-gateway voip bind srcaddr x.x.x.x to the interface. Now it is working fine.

Thanks guys.........

Regards

Sadiq.

Sadiq,

What are you doing to make a call from ccm to cme.

I have two cme for redundancy but can not define both under route list. Can you help me.

Thanks in advance

anwar ahmed

hi anwar

gdefine each CME on CCM as h323 gateway

then put each one in diffrent route group

then put those route groups in a route list

and make sure u put them in the right sequence

good luck

if helpful Rate

hi Michael

there is a need for ICT in the following case

Cisco CallManager (as of release 4.0) does not support H.450.x services, including H.450.12. However, Cisco CME 3.1 (and above) automatically detects a call that involves a Cisco CallManager using special H.323 nonstandard information elements (IEs). Even without an H.450.12 indication, Cisco CME's automatic Cisco CallManager detection can be used to invoke VoIP-to-VoIP hairpin or tandem call routing when needed for call transfer and forwarding. You need to enable the allow-connections h323 to h323 command to make this work.

Some special configuration of the H.323 interface on Cisco CallManager may also be required, depending on the specific Cisco CallManager software version used. For example, you may be required to configure a Media Termination Point (MTP), disable H.323 Fast, Start, and use Cisco CallManager's H.323 Inter-Cluster Trunk (ICT) mode

hope this helpful

Thanks for the information, Marwan. +5 for your good input here.

Regards,

Michael.

u welcome

and thanks for Rating :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: