Views
Helpful
Replies

Maximum amount of H-REAP AP's

john.judge
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I recall H-REAP could only support three (3) AP's at a remote site. Is that still the case? We have a remote site with three (3) AP's that hang off a WLC in a main site, but we need to add a few more. I just want to make sure a WLC is needed before we proceed. Thanks.

John

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi John,

Good news!

The support for the number of H-Reap AP's increased to 8 in the WLC 4.0.206.0 Release :)

These additional changes are available in controller software release 4.0.206.0:

•Client roaming with multicast packets is now supported.

•Up to 10 access points can be concurrently upgraded from the controller.

•***Hybrid REAP can now be used with up to eight access points.

From these release notes;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/release/notes/cont402060rn.html#wp201506

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi John,

Good news!

The support for the number of H-Reap AP's increased to 8 in the WLC 4.0.206.0 Release :)

These additional changes are available in controller software release 4.0.206.0:

•Client roaming with multicast packets is now supported.

•Up to 10 access points can be concurrently upgraded from the controller.

•***Hybrid REAP can now be used with up to eight access points.

From these release notes;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/release/notes/cont402060rn.html#wp201506

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob,

The 4.1 supports unlimited numer of H-REAP ap's. I have some sites that have 40+ H-REAP ap's with no issues.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hey Scott .

I must have slept through that class ;-) +5 points for clueing me in here.

Take care,

Rob

I don't think you slept through class.... since you are the NetPro Master!!!! :)

-Scott

Hi Scott,

Thanks man, for your very kind words :) I wouldn't go that far though, we are all equals here. The knowledge and kindness you have brought to these Forums is greatly appreciated!

Rock on my friend!

Rob

i have over 500 h-reap APs, so i don't know what cisco is talking about with only 3

Prior to the 4.1 code, three H-REAP ap's were supported. Now this number might not be hard set, but might be TAC's supported number.

-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: