Views
Helpful
Replies

ciscoworks device management

lni1
Level 1
Level 1

We run LMS 2.6 on Solaris 8

Recently we purchased the C3560 8 port switch from Cisco. When I look in device type groups, only the 24p version is available, even after doing a device update only the 24p version is available, the 8p version is classified under "Unknown". Is there a package for this type of switch ? (or an other solution).

Many thanks,

Lieven Stubbe

Belgian Railways

7 Replies 7

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What is the sysObjectID of this switch? You can obtain that by using the SNMP Walk tool from Device Center > Tools > SNMP Walk, and walking the switch with the starting OID of "sysObjectID".

The ID is iso.org.dot.internet.private.enterprises.cisco.CiscoProducts.797

Many thanks,

Lieven Stubbe

This switch is supported in version 4.2 of the Cat3560 package. You should be able to download this package update via Common Services > Software Center > Device Update.

The switch is also supported in Campus Manager 4.0.11, DFM 2.0.11, and Common Services MDF 1.23.

Many thanks for the quick reply, but I already did a package update, and the version of the 3560 package remains 4.0, is there a way to download this somewhere ?

Many thanks,

Lieven Stubbe

You need to upgrade to RME 4.0.6 using Software Update first.

Hello,

We upgraded RME from 4.0.5 to 4.0.6, after that

we did a device upgrade. nevertheless, the 3560 8p switches remain in the section unknown, the version of the package is 4.2

What is going wrong ? I can add them manually, the OID is present, normally does CW add the devices automatically to a specific group ?

Many thanks,

Lieven Stubbe

Belgian Railways

After deleting & rediscovering everything ok

Sorry for the trouble