Views
Helpful
Replies

ciscoworks device management

lni1
Level 1
Level 1

We run LMS 2.6 on Solaris 8

Recently we purchased the C3560 8 port switch from Cisco. When I look in device type groups, only the 24p version is available, even after doing a device update only the 24p version is available, the 8p version is classified under "Unknown". Is there a package for this type of switch ? (or an other solution).

Many thanks,

Lieven Stubbe

Belgian Railways

7 Replies 7

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What is the sysObjectID of this switch? You can obtain that by using the SNMP Walk tool from Device Center > Tools > SNMP Walk, and walking the switch with the starting OID of "sysObjectID".

The ID is iso.org.dot.internet.private.enterprises.cisco.CiscoProducts.797

Many thanks,

Lieven Stubbe

This switch is supported in version 4.2 of the Cat3560 package. You should be able to download this package update via Common Services > Software Center > Device Update.

The switch is also supported in Campus Manager 4.0.11, DFM 2.0.11, and Common Services MDF 1.23.

Many thanks for the quick reply, but I already did a package update, and the version of the 3560 package remains 4.0, is there a way to download this somewhere ?

Many thanks,

Lieven Stubbe

You need to upgrade to RME 4.0.6 using Software Update first.

Hello,

We upgraded RME from 4.0.5 to 4.0.6, after that

we did a device upgrade. nevertheless, the 3560 8p switches remain in the section unknown, the version of the package is 4.2

What is going wrong ? I can add them manually, the OID is present, normally does CW add the devices automatically to a specific group ?

Many thanks,

Lieven Stubbe

Belgian Railways

After deleting & rediscovering everything ok

Sorry for the trouble

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: